- June 22 – June 28, 2019 King George, VA
All high school aged teens in the parish are welcome.
$495 attendance fee per teen
Adult Volunteers Needed!!!
We are now soliciting/recruiting adult volunteers to assist with WorkCamp 2019 in any of the following capacities:
- Adult Crew Leader – attend WorkCamp for the full week, lead a crew of 5 teens, stay with our parish at the high school
- Contractor – attend WorkCamp from Sunday through Thursday (minimum), responsible for one of the WC projects, stay on-site with other Contractors (limited home repair/DIY experience necessary)
- WorkCamp Security Volunteer – come to WorkCamp just one day (TBD), assist with on-site security (herding cats/teenagers)
The most critical adult volunteer roles for us to fill are for Adult Crew Leaders and Contractors. The number of teens we can take to WorkCamp is based on how many adult volunteers we can recruit. If you have any questions about these adult volunteer roles or are interested in attending WorkCamp as an adult volunteer, please contact us at email@example.com. Thank you!
Information Meeting Schedule
- Thursday, Nov. 29 @ 7pm in St. Louis Martin conference room
- Wednesday, Dec. 5 @ 7:30pm in St. Louis Martin conference room
The informational meetings are intended for parents of high school aged teens who are interested in attending WorkCamp in June 2019. The info sessions will cover the basics of WorkCamp (what it is, who can/should go, what it entails, etc.) and give parents a chance to ask any questions. To RSVP or for more info re: the informational meetings, please send a note to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monthly Parish Meeting Schedule:
January 17— canceled due to LCPS activities cancellation
- February 14
March 14— changed to: March 12 (Tuesday)
- April 11
- May 9
- June 6
All meetings begin at 7pm (promptly!) and run until approx. 8:30pm.
(Attendance at monthly meetings is required for all teens attending WorkCamp 2019.)
Registration for WorkCamp 2019 is CLOSED!
- Registration deadline: February 14, 2019
- Payment deadline: Deposits ($50) due by Feb. 14 — Balance due by March 15.
- Please remember registration is first-come-first-served in the diocesan registration system.
- We cannot guarantee registration for teens that register late or do not attend WorkCamp-related meetings and events in the parish.
Questions about registration or WorkCamp in general should be sent to: Deacon Renzette, email@example.com.
General WorkCamp Information
WorkCamp 2019 will be held in the King George County, Virginia area. General information on WorkCamp can be found on the diocesan web site:
St. Theresa Parish WorkCamp Information
All documents generated for the St. Theresa WorkCamp 2019 program can be found on our online folder at:
Any inquiries or questions regarding the Saint Theresa’s Parish WorkCamp program should be directed to:
Next monthly meeting: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 @ 7pm
Reminder: Teens intent on attending WorkCamp 2019 are required to attend the monthly meetings.
Tool Training is MANDATORY and will be held on a Saturday afternoon in May or June. Details will be given at the February and March meetings.
Meeting agendas from previous meetings and other important documents distributed at the meetings can be found at: http://bit.ly/workcamp19.
Please use our Remind.com alert system for updates re: meeting time and/or location changes, cancellations/postponements due to weather, etc. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND that parents AND teens sign up for the Remind.com alerts. To do so, please do one of the following:
- Using your smartphone, go to this link using your phone’s web browser: rmd.at/workcamp19
- If you don’t have a smartphone, text the message @workcamp19 to the number 81010. If you’re having trouble with 81010, try texting @workcamp19 to (571) 206-3911.
- Don’t have a mobile phone? Go to rmd.at/workcamp19 on a desktop computer to sign up for email notifications.