About Divine Mercy Outreach
The mission of Divine Mercy Outreach is to demonstrate the mercy of Christ by our support of those in need throughout the local community.
In 2005, Christina Harrington, Christine Wilson and Marianne Guidos, parishioners of St. Theresa Parish, felt called by God to start a ministry to assist others. This ministry has grown substantially in the past twelve years, and contributes to the efforts to provide help for the less fortunate in Loudoun County. Through the generous donation of our parishioners, and volunteers who so willingly share their time, talents and skills, Divine Mercy Outreach was able to assist with over $192,334.00 in 2017. (This does not include the numerous donations of food, coats, clothing, and bedding that have been donated to Divine Mercy Outreach throughout the past year by our generous supporters.)
Divine Mercy Outreach attends to the needs of parishioners and persons of Loudoun County seeking assistance. It has been assisting the needy of Loudoun County through parish efforts and providing assistance to Catholic Charities and other charitable organizations for over twelve years.
Divine Mercy Outreach helps families who are facing emergencies such as evictions or utilities about to be disconnected. We also assist those who are in need of a bed due to poverty or crisis situation, those who need help to feed and cloth their families, those who are moving from a homeless shelter into a new beginning and many others in our community facing extraordinary difficulties in their life.
WE SEEK TO SERVE
- Those individuals and families in poverty or crisis.
- Those who are transitioning from shelters to homes or apartments.
- By helping and encouraging individuals and families to become self sufficient.
- By assisting local organizations who help the homeless or those in poverty.
- By extending Christ’s love, mercy and compassion to others.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- New twin, full and queen size box springs and mattresses
- New Cribs
- Comforters, bed sheets, blankets, mattress pads (new or gently used) and pillows(new)
- Kitchen table and chairs
- Emergency assistance with rent and utilities
- Gift cards
- Meals for families of parishioners in need of temporary support
- Assistance for migrant workers
- Assistance with Backpack Buddies in local schools
- Assistance to LINK and Catholic Charities food pantries
- Visits to parishioners who are homebound
- Food for emergency assistance
Please Note: Availability of the items listed above is dependent on the generous donations of our parishioners and the needs of persons approaching the office. Please contact the Divine Mercy Outreach Office so we can assist in determining your needs. Also, our inventory varies, so all items may not be available at all times. Needs are met based on availability of resources and at the discretion of the Divine Mercy Office.
Volunteer! We need your to help reach out to others with Christ’s love. We would also like to get to know you and have you contribute your time and talents to assist those in need. Contact Marianne Guidos at 703-729-2334 or email@example.com
Want to Donate? Our ongoing Donation Needs
- Linens: Bed sheets, comforters, mattress pads and blankets (twin/full/queen) (new or gently used)and bed pillows (new only) Please indicate the size on the item.
- Furniture: kitchen table and chairs (No broken items, or stained/torn cloth seats.) See furniture tab for more details.
- Food donations for needy families (Cereal, cooking oil, rice, beans, pasta & spaghetti sauce, canned tuna & chicken, peanut butter and jelly, pancake/Bisquick mix, granola bars, juice) Also see the Daily Bread tab or items needed.
- Gift cards for Wal-Mart, Target and local grocery stores as well as gas gift cards. Gift cards in small value for local sandwich/coffee shops helpful for those who are homeless seeking food and warmth.
- Baby items: Diapers, wipes, soap & shampoo
- Bathroom items: Towels, wash clothes, tissues, toilet paper, shampoo, conditioner, hand & body soap, toothpaste & toothbrushes, bandaids & disposable shavers…
- Cleaning products: Bathroom, dishwashing soap, laundry soap
- Monetary donations accepted to help families in crisis; those about to be evicted, utilities about to be disconnected, or to assist us in purchasing beds and cribs and for food items.
- Clothing Donations (toddler-high school) See clothing tab for drop off locations. Please do not leave clothing at church
- Coat donations
Donations can be dropped off at the church in the Outreach box. Gift cards or monetary donations (made payable to Divine Mercy Outreach) can be dropped off or mailed to the parish office (21370 Saint Theresa Lane, Ashburn, VA 20147) or place in the Outreach lock boxes at church.
We are blessed to have the talents and time of these wonderful volunteers!
Join our email list to get up to date needs and how you can help.
Do you have any questions regarding Divine Mercy Outreach? Contact Marianne Guidos via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 703-729-2334.