About Divine Mercy Outreach
Please call 571-322-6533
As a safety precaution we are not taking walk ins or appointments in the parish office at this time.
Giving Help and Hope to Others
Please consider making a donation to Divine Mercy Outreach as we are assisting more families due to COVID 19. Unfortunately our largest fundraiser was canceled this year. (Spring and Fall Consignment sale due to COVID) Every little bit helps even $1. Look above and click on the DONATE button or mail to the parish office to the attention of Divine Mercy Outreach.
Click below to learn more about how we helped the community last year.
The mission of Divine Mercy Outreach is to demonstrate the mercy of Christ by our support of those in need throughout the local community.
Divine Mercy Outreach Ministry attends to the needs of parishioners and persons of Loudoun County seeking assistance. It has been assisting the needy of Loudoun County through parish efforts and providing assistance to other charitable organizations since 2005.
Divine Mercy Outreach helps individuals and families in poverty or crisis, who are facing emergencies such as evictions or utilities about to be disconnected. We also assist those who are transitioning from shelters by providing new beds, kitchen table and chairs and other household items. Periodically, we offer budgeting classes and continually encourage individuals to become self sufficient.
We also assist local organizations who help the homeless or those in poverty and others in our community facing extraordinary difficulties in their life by extending Christ’s love, mercy and compassion.
Marianne Guidos, Director Divine Mercy Outreach
Join our email list to get up to date needs and how you can help.
Visit our Ministry Pages for More Information!
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- New twin, full and queen size mattresses and box springs
- New Cribs
- Comforters, bed sheets, blankets, mattress pads and pillows(new)
- Kitchen table and chairs
- Emergency assistance with rent and utilities
- Meals for families of parishioners in need of temporary support
- Assistance with Backpack Buddies in local schools
- Assistance to Catholic Charities food pantry
- Visits to parishioners who are homebound
- Food for emergency assistance
Please Note: Availability of the items listed above is dependent on the generous donations of our parishioners and the needs of persons approaching the office. Please contact the Divine Mercy Outreach Office so we can assist in determining your needs. Also, our inventory varies, so all items may not be available at all times. Needs are met based on availability of resources and at the discretion of the Divine Mercy Office.
Volunteer! We need your to help reach out to others with Christ’s love. We would also like to get to know you and have you contribute your time and talents to assist those in need. Contact Marianne Guidos at 703-729-2334 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more or to be placed on our outreach email.
Want to Donate? Our ongoing Donation Needs
- Linens: Bed sheets, comforters, mattress pads and blankets (twin/full/queen) (new)and bed pillows (new only) Please indicate the size on the item.
- Furniture: kitchen table and chairs (No broken items, or stained/torn cloth seats.) See furniture tab for more details.
- Food donations for needy families (Cereal, cooking oil, rice, beans, pasta & spaghetti sauce, canned tuna & chicken, peanut butter and jelly, pancake/Bisquick mix, granola bars, juice, fruit cups, canned vegetables, hearty soups, taco kits, mac and cheese) Also see the Daily Bread tab or items needed.
- Gift cards for Wal-Mart, Target and local grocery stores as well as gas gift cards. Gift cards in small value for local sandwich/coffee shops helpful for those who are homeless seeking food and warmth.
- Baby items: Diapers, wipes, soap & shampoo
- Bathroom items: Towels, wash clothes, tissues, toilet paper, shampoo, conditioner, hand & body soap, toothpaste & toothbrushes, bandaids & disposable shavers…
- Cleaning products: Bathroom cleaners, dishwashing soap, laundry soap, window cleaner…
- Monetary donations accepted to help families in crisis; those about to be evicted, utilities about to be disconnected, or to assist us in purchasing beds and cribs and for food items. Click on DONATE button above. Consider donating in memory or in honor of a loved one. We will send a card acknowledging your gift.
Donations can be dropped off at the church in the Outreach box. Gift cards or monetary donations (made payable to St. Theresa Church, put Divine Mercy Outreach in the memo) can be dropped off or mailed to the parish office (21370 Saint Theresa Lane, Ashburn, VA 20147) or place in the Outreach lock boxes at church or click on the DONATE button above to make an online donation.
We are blessed to have the talents and time of these wonderful volunteers!
In 2005, Christina Harrington, Christine Wilson and Marianne Guidos, parishioners of St. Theresa Parish, felt called by God to start a ministry to assist others. This ministry has grown substantially in the past fourteen years, and contributes to the efforts to provide help for the less fortunate in Loudoun County. Through the generous donation of our parishioners, and volunteers who so willingly share their time, talents and skills, Divine Mercy Outreach was able to assist with over $209,219.00 in 2019. (This does not include the numerous donations of food, coats, clothing, and bedding that have been donated to Divine Mercy Outreach throughout the past year by our generous supporters.)